Inkululeko – Supporting South African Youth
Name of Organization:
Inkululeko ( www.inkululeko.org )
Mission of Organization:
Inkululeko’s mission is to provide South African township youth with the skills, support and guidance necessary to apply, attend and succeed in university; to challenge the bigotry of low expectations for township youth; and to provide sustainable, positive change; student-by-student, generation-by-generation.
Contact Person :
Jason Torreano, (716) 807-7053, [email protected]uleko.org
Role available (ie. Board, committee):
- Board meetings occur quarterly via conference line as our board is scattered around the world. Those meetings last roughly 1 ½ hours.
- Projects: projects that align with skills and interest of individual board members. Examples include:
- Researching and reviewing grants
- Assistance with fundraising
- Assisting with corporate giving programs
- Helping with accounting
- Mentoring some of our colleagues based in South Africa.
Each board member is asked to for an annual donation at a level that is personally meaningful to them. All donations are confidential.
People with expertise in law, grant writing, fundraising are especially needed; however, the single biggest thing the Board looks for is passion for our mission and a willingness to contribute at least one hour per week to our organization.