CNY Lyme and Tick Borne Disease Alliance Seeking Board Members
The CNY Lyme and Tick-Borne Disease Alliance is a collaborative of providers, scientists and community members who support research, drive education and promote awareness to combat tick-borne diseases. The Alliance is currently seeking board members who will provide strategic governance and who will support the work of the mission.
- Know the Alliance purpose, goals, policies, programs, services, strengths and needs and subscribe to them.
- Serve in leadership positions or undertake special assignments.
- Act as an ambassador for the Alliance, represent it to stakeholders and make connections that can deepen understanding and effectiveness of community impact.
- Follow trends in the tick-borne disease movement.
- Serve as trusted advisor to the ED as s/he develops and implements the Alliance strategic plan.
- Approve the Alliance annual budget, accounting reports and material business decisions.
- Recommend nominees to the board who can significantly contribute to Alliance progress and ensure its commitment to diversity, reflecting the Central New York community it serves.
- Be open-minded in deliberations.
- Bring a sense of humor to the board’s considerations.
- Support the Alliance by making personal charitable gifts in a manner appropriate to one’s circumstances, helping it achieve its goal of 100 percent board contribution.
- Prepare for and participate in board and committee meetings. The board meets the second Thursday of every month from 6-7:30 p.m.
- Speak for the board only when authorized to do so.
- Ask substantive and timely questions consistent with one’s conscience and convictions, while supporting the decisions of the majority.
- Suggest agenda items to ensure that important issues in the community are addressed.
Anyone interested in learning more should contact board chair Anne Messenger at [email protected]